Welcome to the Olive Tree Bible App! We hope that this article helps get you started with the app.
Main Icons of the App
- Main menu - Access Messages, Reading History, Annotations and Sync.
- Library - Switch between your downloaded resources.
- Reading Plans - Set up and access your reading plan to help you read through Scripture.
- Store - Purchase and download additional resources for your Library.
- Quick Settings - Access some of the most used settings and select Advanced Settings for more options.
- Search - Search for keywords and phrases.
- Book Ribbon - Save an area of text for later.
- Select Verse/Go To - Navigate to a different area of your resource.
- Lock Toolbar - Lock the toolbar in place and the text will adjust to the space available.
- Study Center - Access some of our more in depth study features.
- Resource Guide
How to Login
Logging in is an important step towards using our app. This will allow the app to automatically sync your annotations to your Olive Tree account and will give you access to resources registered to your account.
- Select the Menu icon on the toolbar.
- Select Login/Register.
- Enter your log-in information or select 'Create a Free Olive Tree Account'.
For more information on the benefits of having an Olive Tree account, visit this article Why Should I Create an Olive Tree Account?
How to Download Purchases
Before attempting to download resources, be sure to log into your app using the steps above. Once you're logged in, follow these steps to download your books:
- Select the Store icon on the toolbar.
- Select the 'Purchased' icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the resource you want to download.
- Select 'Download'.
Using the Library
Books downloaded to your Library are available for use offline. To switch between books, select the Library icon and choose the resource you want like to open.
Audio books are handled differently; they are not automatically downloaded for use offline. Selecting 'Download' in the store only adds the resource to your Library so it is available to stream. This requires an internet connection.
You can choose to download audio books or sections of audio Bibles by opening the book and tapping the green icon in the upper right corner of the cover image. This will make the downloaded files available for offline listening.
For more details on the library, visit this article.