We offer audio Bibles and books within the Olive Tree Bible App. You can see the resources we have available on our website.
This article includes steps to stream or download audio and to remove downloaded audio resources.
Stream or Download Audio Books and Bibles
The process for downloading audio books and Bibles in the app is unique. Due to the size of audio files, we understand that you may not want all the audio files stored on your device. As a result, we give you a few options:
- Stream an audio book or Bible from your Library. This option uses minimal space on your device, but does require an Internet connection.
- Download the full book or Bible for offline listening. This option uses the most space on your device.
- Download individual books of the Bible to listen offline. This allows you to keep certain books on your device without using as much space. This is only available for audio Bibles.
Select the 'Device' tab and scroll to find the audio book or Bible you want to listen to.
If you're connected to the Internet, you should be able to play the audio right away.
2. Download Full Audio for Offline Use:
Select an audio book or Bible in your Library to open the Audio Player like in the steps above. Select the green download arrow on the cover image.
3. Download Specific Books of the Bible (Audio Bibles Only):
For instructions on how to use audio products in the app, visit this article.
Removing Audio Books or Bibles
If you would like to clean up your Library, offloading a resource is easy. To remove a resource from the 'Device' tab in your Library, follow these steps:
- Tap the Library icon.
- Offload a resource one of these two ways:
- Right click the title and click 'Offload' or 'Offload All Volumes'.
- Tap and hold a resource and tap 'Offload' or 'Offload All Volumes'.
An offloaded resource will not show in the 'Device' tab in your Library. The offloaded resource will show in the 'Cloud' tab, so you can click on the audio Bible or book there to add it back to the 'Device' tab.
In the case of audio Bibles, you can also remove individual books of an audio Bible from your device, both if you have downloaded specific books and if you have downloaded a full audio Bible. Here are the steps:
- Select an audio Bible in your Library to open the Audio Player.
- Select the green download arrow on the cover image.
- Select Edit.
- Select the book(s) you want to delete.
- Select the Delete icon.
If you would like to see and manage how much space audio books or Bibles use on your device, visit our Manage Storage article for more information.