What are Annotations?
Annotations are a way to personalize your Bible study experience within our app. These tools help you record your thoughts and remember key parts of Scripture.
Verse or Text Based
There are two ways to create annotations within our app: verse based and word based. Verse-based annotations are created by tapping on a verse number. These annotations will show across all your downloaded Bible translations because they are tied to the verse number. Word-based annotations are created by tapping and holding a word and selecting a specific amount of text. Word-based annotations are tied to the resource that they are created in because words differ between Bible translations.
Types of Annotations
There are several different types of annotations that each enhance your Bible study in a different way. Click on a link below to find out more about a particular type of annotation.
- Notes - Record your thoughts as you read, take notes on the sermon, and much more. You can link a note to a Scripture passage or you can create a stand-alone note.
- Highlights - Use colored highlighters and underlines to mark key words, phrases or verses.
- Saved Passages - Save a passage you would like to remember.
- Book Ribbons - Mark your place to come back to that passage later.
Accessing annotations easily when you need them is important. Here are two tools to help you find your annotations more easily:
- Tags - Tie your annotations (notes, highlights, saved passages) to topics, like 'Grace', 'Creation', 'David', etc. Tagging annotations allows you to find all your annotations that are tagged with a specific topic.
- Categories - Organize your annotations and make them easier to locate in the future by creating categories.
If there is an annotation that you wish to remove, you can do so through the Menu:
- Tap the Menu.
- Select the type of annotation.
- Scroll down to find the annotation you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the annotation.
- Select 'Delete'.
- Confirm that you would like to delete the annotation.
Particular types of annotations may have a second way to be deleted as well. These will be described in the in-depth articles that are linked above. We hope this overview is helpful for you! If you have more questions, contact our Customer Support team.