Verse or Text Based
There are two ways to create Saved Passages within our app: by selecting a word or phrase (word based) or by tapping on a verse number (verse based). Word-based Saved Passages are tied to the resource that they are created in. Verse-based Saved Passages will appear in all your Bible translations.
Create a Saved Passage
You can create a saved passage when you're viewing text in your app. As mentioned above, Saved Passages can be tied either to a verse or a word or phrase. Here are the steps to create a saved passage:
- Tap a verse number or select text.
- Tap Save from the pop-up menu.
Edit a Saved Passage
Once you have created a saved passage, it can be located in the Menu under Saved Passages. To edit a saved passage, find the individual saved passage you want to edit and tap the 'i' icon on it. Here you can change the title ('label'), add or edit the tags, and assign the note to a category. The easiest way to do each of these is to tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner and tap the action in the pop-up window. You can also follow these steps to edit a saved passage:
- Tap in the box that says 'Label' and delete and re-enter the title.
- Tap '+ Add Tag' to add a tag.
- Tap Category to assign the saved passage to a category.
Delete Saved Passage
You can delete a saved passage by following these steps:
- Tap Menu.
- Tapped Saved Passages.
- Locate the saved passage you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the Saved Passage.
- Tap 'Delete'.
- Confirm that you would like to delete the Saved Passage.