Listening to Scripture read aloud can help in comprehension and immersion, which makes audio Bibles an excellent study tool. There are two ways to listen to audio Bible content in the Olive Tree Bible App:
Streaming: This saves space on your device so you can listen whenever you're connected to the Internet without having to download the audio. We recommend this option.
Downloading: This allows you to listen to the audio Bible offline, any time, anywhere. If you will be listening to your audio Bible without Internet, this is a good choice.
In the steps below, learn how to stream and/or download the audio Bible and make use of its functionality in the app. The screenshots are from an iPad, but the functionality will be similar in all our apps.
Stream your Audio Bible
Open the Olive Tree Bible App on your device and tap the Store icon.
Tap the Purchased tab in the lower right corner. In our Android apps, this button says Account instead of Purchased.
Find your audio Bible in the list and tap Setup.
This will add your audio Bible to your Library so that it is available to stream when you are connected to the Internet. Tap Open to open the audio player.
Tap the Play icon to play the audio Bible.
If you have the corresponding Bible text downloaded within the Olive Tree Bible App, you'll note that the text will display in conjunction with the audio, as seen below.
Download your Audio Bible
To listen to the audio Bible offline, tap the white arrow in the blue triangle in the corner of the audio Bible image. Tapping on this arrow will bring you to your Manage Download screen.
As you see, you can download individual books of the Bible or select Download All. In this way, you can manage your device storage and only download what you need to.
In this example, I am downloading Genesis only. You will see the progress reach 100% as it downloads.
Once the download is completed, you will see that the green download arrow is now gone for Genesis.
When the audio Bible has been downloaded, you can now listen to the downloaded content without access to the Internet, such as when you are camping or driving!
If you decide you'd like to uninstall some or all of the audio Bible after it has been downloaded, you can tap the Options (three-dot) icon in the upper right corner and select Manage Download.
This will reveal a "minus" symbol, which gives you the option to Delete the download when you tap it.
You will be asked to confirm the deletion of the download by tapping Delete on the pop-up:
When you confirm the deletion, you will no longer be able to listen to that audio Bible content offline. However, it is still available for streaming, and you are always welcome to download it again in the future.
Audio Bible Features
The features of the audio Bible are found on the Audio Player screen. Each feature on this screen has been circled with a number so you can learn what each feature does.
1. The 'X' allows you to close the audio player screen to return to your Bible text.
2. The arrow allows you to minimize the audio player screen so you can see text on the screen and listen to the Bible at the same time. You can tap the minimized audio player anytime to reopen it to the full player.
3. The Options icon allows you to see and sort your bookmarks for the audio Bible, set a Sleep Timer, and view the book details, like the publisher, duration, and edition type (abridged or unabridged).
4. The bookmark icon allows you to add a bookmark to the audio at any time. You can see the list of your bookmarks and sort them in the Options icon (#3 above).
5. The Play/Pause icon allows you to play and pause the audio.
6. These buttons allow you to move the text back 30 seconds and forward 30 seconds.
7. The volume allows you to change how loud the audio plays.
8. The speed tab allows you to change how fast or slow the audio text is read to you.
9. On some devices, Connect will allow you to play the audio through a connected speaker set or Bluetooth device.
We hope that this introduction to using Audio Bibles in the Olive Tree Bible App has been helpful for you. You can find all of our Audio Bibles on our website!
Please note that we do not support audio on Mac devices at this time. If you have any more questions, please submit a request to our Customer Support team here. They are happy to help!