As new versions of devices and software are released, we have to make difficult decisions about what we can continue to support. We know that not everyone has the luxury or interest in buying brand new phones and tablets every year, so we try our best to support as many platforms as possible.
That being said, our team has made the difficult decision to drop support for the Kindle Fire so we can focus our resources on building the best app possible for our Android, iOS, Mac and Windows platforms.
What This Means:
- The app will still work on your Kindle Fire.
- You can still read your purchased books on your Kindle Fire.
- You can still download the app from the Amazon App Store to your Kindle Fire.
- We will no longer be releasing new titles for purchase on the Kindle Fire app when they become available on other platforms.
- We will no longer be providing bug fixes for the Kindle Fire app.
- There are no more weekly discounts available within the Kindle Fire in-app store.
- New titles and resources may not work in your unsupported app.
What This Doesn't Mean:
- This doesn’t mean you lose your entire library.
- This doesn’t mean you can’t buy new books, read about how to get new book by clicking here or below.
How to buy new books to use on your Kindle Fire:
If you want to add to your library, you can still buy books from the website and open them on the Kindle Fire app if you have a 5th generation Kindle and app version 7.3 or later.
- Tap the Settings icon on the toolbar (gear icon).
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap Account Settings.
- Tap Account Settings again.
- Enter your Olive Tree account credentials and tap Login.
- Tap the Store icon at the top of the screen (shopping cart icon).
- Tap Account at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Download on any resource to add it to your Library.
- Tap Open on the resource to view and use it.
Our support team will do their best to assist, but since we are no longer updating the Kindle Fire app, we can’t guarantee a resolution for all issues. If you have any questions about this announcement, please contact our support team.