Olive Tree offers Audio Bibles and books for use within the Olive Tree Bible App. On our website, you can browse and purchase Audio Bibles and audio books. You can also purchase audio titles from within the in-app Store. This article will include information on how to use audio Bibles or books within the Olive Tree Bible App.
For instructions on how to download audio products visit Android - Downloading Audio Resources.
Listening to Audio Resources
Once you set up an audio Bible or audio book for streaming, it will appear in your Library. First, tap on the Library icon.
Make sure you are in either the 'Cloud' or 'Device' tab in the Library and tap on the audio Bible you want to listen to.
When you select an audio Bible from the Library, the Audio Player will open. To get started, you can navigate to any location in the Bible using the navigation menu at the top of the screen.
When the Verse Chooser is open, tap on any Bible book.
Next, tap on any number to choose a chapter from the Bible book you tapped on.
Finally, tap on any verse number. As soon as you tap on the number, the audio Bible will jump to that spot and begin to play.
If you have the text of the Bible translation downloaded to the Library, you can read the verse and listen to its audio at the same time.
The various features of the audio resource are also found in the Audio Player screen that is open now. Each feature has been numbered so you can learn each option that is available.
- The 'X' allows you to close the audio player screen to return to your Bible text.
- Bookmarks - This shows a list of the bookmarks that you have created for this audio resource.
- Sleep Timer - Choose how long you would like audio to play.
- View Details - See more information about the current audio book, such as publisher, duration and edition type (abridged or unabridged)
- Manage Download - Choose what books of the Bible are downloaded to your device.
- Location Bar
- Drag along the bar to move through the current chapter.
- Tap the reference to open the navigation menu.
- The arrow allows you to minimize the audio player screen. Audio will continue to play after minimizing. Audio can still be controlled after minimizing by opening the Android OS notification panel. This way you can listen while seeing the text in context, or explore other resources.
- The bookmark icon allows you to add a bookmark to the audio at any time. You can see the list of your bookmarks and sort them in the Options icon (#3 above).
- Main controls
- Fast Forward
- The volume allows you to change how loud the audio plays.
- The speed tab allows you to change how fast or slow the audio text is read to you.
- On some devices, Connect will allow you to play the audio through a connected speaker set or Bluetooth device.
There is another option in Audio Players for Android phones. The 'Driving' mode will switch the Audio Player into a simple interface with the option to Play/Pause, rewind a verse, and add a Bookmark.
We hope these steps have helped you learn how to listen to the audio Bibles and books on your Android device. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support team.