The following basic trouble-shooting steps help resolve most issues you may experience in the app. Please note that you only need to do as many steps as it takes to solve the issue:
FORCE CLOSE THE APP
To completely close and re-open your Olive Tree app:
- Select Ctrl-Alt-Del on your keyboard
- Select 'Task Manager'
- Locate and select the Olive Tree app in the list of open applications
- Select 'End Task'
- Re-open the Olive Tree app
- Check to see if your issue is resolved
REBOOT YOUR DEVICE
Please try a simple restart of your device. If it hasn't been turned off in a while, it may exhibit some odd behavior with running certain applications.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - SYNC YOUR ANNOTATIONS
Before going through the following suggestions, we recommend that you back up any saved passages, notes, highlights, and/or book ribbons to the Olive Tree Study Sync servers. To do so, follow these steps:
- Select the Menu icon in the upper left corner
- Select the 'Sync' button
- When sync is finished, you'll see a sync time and/or date
CHECK FOR UPDATES
It may be possible that the problem you are encountering was fixed in an update to the program. Check for any updates by going to the Microsoft Store and following these steps:
- Select the three-dot options icon in the upper right hand corner
- Select 'Downloads and updates'
- Select 'Get updates'
- The Store will then search and download any available updates
RE-ENTER YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION
It is possible that your account information is incorrect. Re-entering your username and password will ensure there are no errors.
- Select the Menu icon on the toolbar.
- Select Login/Register.
- Remove and Re-enter your log-in information or select 'Create a Free Olive Tree Account'.
RE-DOWNLOAD YOUR TITLE (if applicable)
Depending on your issue, you may just need to remove and re-download the resource you are having problems with. Follow these steps to remove and re-download a resource from within the app:
- Select the Library icon on the toolbar (three-book icon with a cross).
- Find the resource you want to delete.
- Right click or tap and hold on the resource.
- Tap or click Remove and Archive.
Next, download your resource again by following the steps below:
- Select the Store icon on the toolbar (shopping cart).
- Select the Purchased icon (shopping cart) at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Download on the resource.
- Return to the Library to open the resource once it has been re-downloaded.
Contact Our Support Team
It is possible that your app will require further troubleshooting steps than what is listed above. Please contact our support team so that they can assist you with the issue you are experiencing.
We DO NOT recommend reinstalling the app without being told to do so by our support staff. This can lead to permanent loss of your annotations.