Verse or Text Based
There are two ways to create notes within our app: word based and verse based. Word-based notes are created by selecting text and are tied to the resource in which they are created. Verse-based notes are created by tapping on a verse number. These notes are tied to the verse number so they will show up across your Bible translations.
Create a Note
The most common way to create a note is while viewing text. As mentioned above, these notes can be tied either to a verse or to text. Follow these steps to create a note:
You can also create a note that is not tied to a resource. There are two ways to do this. First, you can create a note through the Menu:
Second, you can create a note that's not attached to a resource through the Study Center:
Edit a Note
Once a note is created, it can be located in the Menu or by tapping the icon next to the text the note was added to. Either way, opening the note will provide you with a chance to edit the note.
With the 'Edit Note' window open, you can change the title, add content, edit the tags, and assign the note to a category.
- Select the Back icon to save your work and leave the note.
- Select the text at the top of the window to change the title.
- Select the verse reference to navigate to the linked text in the main window.
- Select the white space to begin typing in the note body. Note that verse references will be hyperlinked for easy access.
- Select '+ Add Tag' to add a tag. Tap a tag to see other annotations for that tag.
- Change Category by selecting the green category title.
- Change the note icon by selecting the icon .
- View when the note was created and modified.
Delete A Note
Please note that once a note is deleted there is no way to recover it. There are two ways to delete a note in our app.
First, you can delete a note from within the text:
- Select the note you want to delete and scroll down until you see the trash can icon.
- Select the trash can.
- Select Delete.
Second, you can delete a note through the Menu:
- Select the Menu.
- Select Notes.
- Locate the note you wish to delete, hover over or tap and hold the note.
- Click the trash can or select Delete.
- Confirm that you would like to delete the Note.
We hope these steps have helped you learn how to create, edit, and delete notes on your Windows device. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support team.