What are Annotations?
Annotations are a way to personalize your Bible study experience within our app. These tools help you to record your thoughts and remember key parts of Scripture.
Verse or Text Based
There are two types of annotations within the Olive Tree Bible App, word based and verse based. Word-based annotations are created by selecting text and will appear only in the resource in which they were originally added. Verse-based annotations are created by clicking/tapping on a verse number. These annotations are tied to the verse number and will show across all your downloaded Bible translations.
Types of Annotations
There are several types of annotations that each enhance your Bible study in a different way. Click on a link below to find out more about a particular type of annotation.
- Notes - Record your thoughts as you read, take notes on the sermon, and much more. You can link a note to a Scripture passage or you can create a stand-alone note.
- Highlights - Use colored highlights and underlines to mark key words, phrases or verses.
- Saved Passages - Save a passage you would like to remember.
- Book Ribbons - Mark your place to come back to later.
Accessing annotations easily when you need them is important. Here are two tools to help you find your annotations more easily:
- Tags - Tie your annotations to topics, like 'Grace', 'Creation', 'David', etc. Tagging annotations allows you to find all your annotations that are tagged with a specific topic.
- Categories - Organize your annotations and make them easier to locate in the future by creating categories.
If there is an annotation that you wish to remove, you can do so through the Menu:
- Open the Menu.
- Select the type of annotation.
- Scroll down to find the annotation you want to delete.
- Right click the annotation.
- Select 'Delete'.
- Confirm that you would like to delete the annotation.
Particular types of annotations may have a second way to be deleted as well. These will be described in the in-depth articles that are linked above.
We hope these steps have helped you learn how annotations in the Olive Tree Bible App on your Windows device. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support team.