You can open the settings for the app by tapping the Settings icon on the toolbar. It looks like a cog or gear:
Below is a list of the different settings located in the Settings icon on the toolbar. You will also find a brief explanation for each setting.
Quick Settings Menu
Tap the Settings icon to open the Quick Settings menu.
- Font Size - A quick way to change the font in the main window.
- Select Theme - Choose between the default theme or low light theme. (Note: Only the default theme can be customized.)
- Vertical Scrolling - Quickly change between vertical and horizontal scrolling.
- Font Face - A quick way to change the font face.
- Window Sync - Choose if the parallel window follows the main window.
- Advanced Settings - Access additional settings that are described below.
Tap the Settings icon and tap Advanced Settings to open the options in the list below.
- Font Settings - Change the font face and size for the various windows of the app.
- Color Settings - Change the background and font colors.
- Hyperlink Settings - Choose your default Bible for hyperlinks and how to open hyperlinks.
- Resource Guide - Edit what sections and books appear in the Resource Guide.
- Sync Settings - Choose to automatically sync and whether to sync on WiFi only.
- Automatic Downloads - Download your books automatically.
- Scrolling Settings - Choose between vertical (swipe up/down) and horizontal (swipe left/right) scrolling.
- Other Settings
- Display Options:
- Verses Start on a New Line
- Multi-Column Text
- Show Strong's Numbers
- Hide Notes and Highlights in Text
- Hide Notes and Highlights in Popups
- Color Words of Jesus
- Window Behavior
- Keep Screen On
- Full Screen
- Verse Copy Options
- Include Verse Numbers
- Include Translation in Citation
- Reading Progress
- Reading Progress Display
- Advanced - These are settings that should only be used at the request of one of our Customer Support team members.
- Display Options:
- Account Settings - Log into your Olive Tree account here.
- Storage Options - Enable or disable cache here. There are also advanced settings to move your app's storage location or clear/disable the cache. Use these options when directed to by a Customer Support team member.
- Privacy - Enable or disable privacy settings and personalization/messaging in the app.
- Reset Fonts and Colors - Reset all fonts and colors to the original default. This can fix some display issues.