About Olive Tree Study Sync
The Study Sync process pushes your annotations (notes, highlights, reading plans, saved passages, book ribbons, categories, and tags) from your device to your Study Sync account on OliveTree.com. Syncing allows you to access your annotations within the Olive Tree app on your other devices. Sync also backs up your annotations so you have them saved outside your device(s). If you get a new device or need to reinstall the Olive Tree app, you can perform a sync to access any annotations that were previously synced to your Study Sync account.
How to Sync:
To turn automatic sync on or off in your Olive Tree app, follow these steps:
- Tap the Settings icon on the toolbar (gear icon).
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap 'Sync Settings'.
- You can turn 'Automatically Sync My Data' ON or OFF. You can also choose to 'Sync on WiFi only'.
If you choose to disable automatic sync, you can manually sync by tapping the Menu, Sync Log, and then Sync.
If sync is giving you an error message or is not completing, here are some initial trouble-shooting steps you can follow before you contact Customer Support:
Make Sure Notes are Titled:
Our sync system requires titles for all annotations. We have found cases where missing note titles can cause sync to fail. Please access the 'Notes' within your app under the Menu and sort your notes by title to locate any notes that are not titled. If titles are missing on any notes, please add titles and try syncing again.
Reboot your Device:
Please try a simple restart of your device. If it hasn't been turned off in a while, it may exhibit some odd behavior with running certain applications. Once you have rebooted your device, try syncing again.
Re-Enter your Account Details:
Please re-enter your username (likely an e-mail address) and password to ensure that you are signed in properly. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Tap Account at the bottom of the screen.
- Re-enter your Olive Tree account username and password. If you don't recall your password you can reset it here: https://www.olivetree.com/store/secure_login.php
- Tap Login.
- You may be prompted to restart the app. If you still can't sync, move onto the next step.
Check your Internet Connection:
Please check for connectivity within the app using these options:
- Try opening the Store from within The Bible Study App.
- Try reaching sync.olivetree.com from the browser on your device.
- Try 'google.com' from your web browser to ensure connectivity.
If your app is still not syncing, please contact our support team.