Verse or Text Based
There are two ways to create notes within our app: word based and verse based. Word-based notes are created by selecting text and are tied to the resource in which they are created. Verse-based notes are created by tapping on a verse number. These notes are tied to the verse number and will show across Bible translations.
Create a Note
The most common way to create a note is while viewing text. As mentioned above, these notes can be tied either to a verse or to text. Follow these steps to create a note:
You can also create a note that is not tied to a resource. There are two ways to do this. First, you can create a note through the Menu:
Second, you can create a note that's not attached to a resource through the Study Center:
Edit a Note
Once a note is created, it can be located in the Menu or by tapping the icon next to the text the note was added to. Either way, opening the note will provide you with a chance to edit the note. With the 'Edit Note' window open, you can change the title, add content, edit the tags, and assign the note to a category.
- Tap the Back icon to save your work and leave the note.
- Tap the text at the top of the window to change the title.
- Tap the verse reference to navigate to the linked text in the main window.
- Tap the white space to begin typing in the note body. Note that verse references will be hyperlinked for easy access.
- Tap '+ Add Tag' to add a tag. Tap a tag to see other annotation for that tag.
- Tap the Options icon in the upper right corner to view additional options.
- Edit Title
- Edit Tags
- Edit Note
- Change Category
- Change Icon
- Open Full Screen
- Open in Split Window
- Delete Note
Share a Note
You can share your note content to other apps on your device using the device's share sheet. This could include sharing your notes to apps like Facebook, Twitter, or your email. If you would like to share the content of your note, you can do so by following these steps:
- Tap a note and tap the options icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap 'Share'.
- Tap the app icon you want to share your note to/through.
Delete A Note
Please note that once a note is deleted there is no way to recover it. There are two ways to delete a note in our app. First, you can delete a note by following these steps:
- Tap the note you want to delete and tap the options icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap Delete Note.
- In the confirmation pop-up, tap 'OK'.
Second, you can delete a note through the Menu: