Saved passages are a useful tool as you study the Bible and come across a verse or phrase you want to save for future reference. Adding a saved passage allows you to save a verse without adding additional marking to the text like you would with a note or highlight.
Verse or Text Based
There are two ways to create saved passages within our app: by selecting a word or phrase (word based) or by tapping on a verse number (verse based). Saved passages are always associated with the Bible translation they were added in regardless of the method used to create them.
Create a Saved Passage
You can create a saved passage when you're viewing text in your app. As mentioned above, saved passages can be tied either to a verse or a word or phrase. Here are the steps to create a saved passage:
- Tap a verse number or select text.
- Tap Save from the pop-up menu.
- A pop-up window will appear that allows you to edit your saved passage. Read the section below to learn more.
Edit a Saved Passage
Once you have created a saved passage, you can either edit the saved passage right away or you can locate it later in the Menu under Saved Passages.
To edit a saved passage from the Menu, tap the Menu icon in the upper left corner, tap Saved Passages, tap and hold on the individual saved passage you want to edit, and tap Edit.
When the edit screen is open, you can change the title ('label'), add or edit the tags, and assign the saved passage to a category.
- Tap in the box with the verse reference to delete the title and enter in a new one.
- The Verse Reference shows you where the saved passage was added in the Bible text.
- Tap 'Edit Tags' to add a tag or edit an existing tag.
- Tap Category to assign the saved passage to a category.
- The Created and Updated dates are there for your reference.
Delete a Saved Passage
You can delete a saved passage by following these steps:
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Tapped Saved Passages.
- Locate the saved passage you want to delete and tap and hold it.
- Tap 'Delete'.
- Confirm that you would like to delete the saved passage.
We hope this article about saved passages in the Olive Tree Bible App is helpful for you! If you have more questions, contact our Customer Support team.