About Olive Tree Study Sync
The Study Sync process pushes your annotations (notes, highlights, reading plans, saved passages, book ribbons, categories, and tags) from your device to your Study Sync account on OliveTree.com. Syncing allows you to access your annotations within the Olive Tree Bible App on your other devices. Sync also backs up your annotations so you have them saved outside your device(s). If you get a new device or need to reinstall the Olive Tree Bible App, you can perform a sync to access any annotations that were previously synced to your Study Sync account.
How to Sync:
To turn automatic sync on or off in your Olive Tree Bible App, follow these steps:
- Click 'Bible Study' in the upper left.
- Select 'Prefrences'.
- Under the General settings, check/uncheck 'Automatically Sync My Data'.
To manually sync your annotations:
- Select ‘File’ in the upper left hand corner.
- Select ‘Sync’.
- Alternatively, you can hold command + 'S' on your keyboard.
- If you are not logged in, you may be prompted to enter your Olive Tree account information.
- The Sync status can be found at the root of 'My Stuff' in the Study Center (split window) by clicking 'Sync Log'.
If sync is giving you an error message or is not completing, here are some initial trouble-shooting steps you can follow before you contact Customer Support:
RESTART YOUR MAC:
If your Mac hasn’t been restarted in a while it may exhibit some odd behavior with running certain applications. Please restart your computer.
CHECK FOR NOTE CONTENT ISSUES:
- Make sure that all your notes have titles. Notes without titles will cause sync to fail.
- Ensure that none of your notes are extremely long. Notes that are too long will cause sync to fail. If a note is the equivalent of six full pages in a Word document, we recommend deleting part of the note or dividing it into multiple notes.
RESET SETTINGS AND LOGIN TO YOUR OLIVE TREE ACCOUNT:
If restarting your computer does not solve the issue, please try resetting settings by following the steps below:
- Download the BibleReader diagnostic tool at this address: https://www.olivetree.com/download/mac/BibleReaderDiag.zip
- Once it finishes downloading, double-click on the file to extract it and then open the extracted file called 'BibleReaderDiag'.
- When you open the BibleReaderDiag app, a small window should open with several options. Click on 'Reset Settings.' This will restart your Olive Tree app and revert it to its default settings.
- Open the application again to see if the problem is resolved. If not, continue with the steps below.
Please note, this will log you out of your account, so I would recommend logging back in. Select 'Account' from the top toolbar, then 'Login' to re-enter your username and password.
If your app is still not syncing, please contact our support team.