Verse or Text Based
There are two ways to create notes within our app: word based and verse based. Word-based notes are created by selecting text and are tied to the resource in which they are created. Verse-based notes are created by tapping on a verse number. These notes are tied to the verse number and will show across Bible translations.
Create a Note
The most common way to create a note is while viewing text. As mentioned above, these notes can be tied either to a verse or to text. Follow these steps to create a note:
Click a verse number or select and secondary click the text.
- Select 'Add Note' from the pop-up menu.
You can also create a note that is not tied to a resource.
- Open the Study Center/split window
- Select notes from the options along the top of the Study Center
- Click 'Add Note' at the bottom of the window.
Edit a Note
Once a note is created, it can be located in the Study Center or by tapping the icon next to the text the note was added to. Either way, opening the note will provide you with a chance to edit the note. With the 'Edit Note' window open, you can change the title, add content, edit the tags, and assign the note to a category.
- Exit to save your work and leave the note.
- Change the title.
- Click the verse reference to view the linked text.
- Click the white space to begin typing in the note body. Note that verse references will be hyperlinked for easy access.
- Add tags by entering them in this field.
- Change the category
- Change the Icon
- Delete the note.
Delete A Note
Please note that once a note is deleted there is no way to recover it. While viewing a note, You can delete it by clicking the trashcan icon in the lower right corner.