We are excited to offer Enhanced Notes in the Olive Tree Bible App! The Enhanced Notes feature offers even more customization to your Olive Tree Bible experience. These transformational features bring new options to your notetaking, allowing you to more fully express your thoughts and ideas.
- Ordered lists with automatic renumbering (up to 5 levels deep) quickly bring clarity and structure to your written thoughts.
- Word-level formatting (bold, italic, underlined, and strikethrough) emphasizes important information and allows for more expressiveness.
- Superscript and subscript capabilities bring the power of footnotes to your personal thoughts and studies, supporting expanded explanations or literary citations.
- Five preset styles applied across an entire paragraph quickly bring a professional appearance to your notes: Title, Heading, Subheading, Body, and Blockquote choices are just a tap away.
- Checklist formatting allows you to track the important things - progress through a study, prayer requests, setting quick to-dos, or anything else you need to follow up on.
This feature is available for purchase on our website here. Once purchased, you will be able to use the feature within the app on all your supported devices. (This feature requires app version 7.14 or later on iPad/iPhone, Android, and Windows and app version 6.14 or later on Mac.)
Using Enhanced Notes
We have included some specific information below about the various formatting options. First, as long as you have purchased Enhanced Notes, you will see this bar when editing text in the body of a note:
Here is a break down the various options/icons found in this bar:
The pilcrow icon will allow you to format text as either a Title, Heading, Subheading, Body, or Blockquote.
Tap the pilcrow icon to reveal these options.
These icons will allow you to format text as bold, italic, underline, or strikethrough.
By tapping the three-dot Options icon, you will see options to use superscript or subscript.
Tapping on the list icon will allow you to choose between a bulleted list, a numbered list, or a checklist.
While editing a list, an option will also appear to shift text to the left or right.
Here is an example after moving the third item in this list to the right:
You will also see these arrows that will allow you to undo what you just did or to redo it.
When space allows, you will see all of the formatting options in the toolbar when you create or edit a note within the Study Center:
To learn more about the Study Center, see this article.
We hope that this article on Enhanced Notes has been helpful! If you have not yet purchased this feature, you can do so on our website here. If you need any further assistance, you can contact our Customer Support team. We are always glad to help!