How can I manually install BibleReader on the Kindle Fire?
PREPARE FOR DOWNLOADING YOUR FILES:
- On your computer, open your browser to www.OliveTree.com.
- Tap on the 'current device' link near the upper right corner of our homepage, (it's above the View Cart and Shopping Cart icon) to open the Device Chooser page.
- Scroll down below all the pictures, and select the "BlackBerry with SD Card" link in the grey area near the bottom. That link will set the website to download a version of the files that will work better with the program, and after you’ve selected it should return you to your My Account page (if not, just click on the Account link at the top center of the OliveTree homepage).
DOWNLOAD THE FILES
- Login into your Olive Tree account at: https://www.olivetree.com/store/secure_login.php
- Tap on the "My Personal Library" link.
- Tap on the Orange download button to the right of the resource you'd like to install.
- When prompted, save the files to a location that you can quickly access later.
INSTALL THE FILES TO THE KINDLE
- Use a micro USB cable to connect the Kindle Fire to your computer (the cable that came with earlier Kindle devices came with one of these, as well as many cell phones).
- The files you download will end in .pdb, copy them from the directory where you saved them on your computer over to Kindle/OliveTree folder on your Kindle .
- If Bible reader is open, please close it.
- Open BibleReader and confirm that your resources now appear in the Library .